The following forum message was posted by fabioz at
http://sourceforge.net/projects/pydev/forums/forum/293649/topic/4660340:

If possible, can you try getting a clean eclipse with the latest pydev to see
if it works?

>From searching on the net, it seems this can happen for 2 reasons:

1. a compiler bug (which doesn't seem to be the case as yours is the first
report
with that error -- and that version was released more than a month ago, so,
there are many people using it already and I believe it'd have been reported
quite some time ago).

2. A class file could get corrupted (which I think is more likely, so, getting
the version again should work -- if it still fails, try getting the .zip)

Cheers,

Fabio