The following forum message was posted by jdjodrey at
http://sourceforge.net/projects/pydev/forums/forum/293649/topic/4884584:

Hi,
This is my first email to this list, so I apologize if there's a better
mailing-list
for this type of question.

I'm looking to get started with python development, so I downloaded Python 3.2.2
and PyDev IDE for Eclipse.  When I go to configure my interpreter for a new
python project, Windows gives me the following error:

"python.exe has stopped working"

and then Eclipse shows

"Error getting info on interpreter
"See error log for details.
No output was in the standard output when trying to create the interpreter
info.
The error output contains:>>Fatal Python error: Py_Initialize: unable to load
the file system codec
  File "C:\csvn\Python25\\lib\encodings\__init__.py", line 120
    raise CodecRegistryError,\
                            ^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
<<"

Does anybody have any idea what this means or what I'm doing wrong?  I've tried
re-installing Python, but still can't get it to work.
And again, if I'm in the wrong place, please direct me to the proper forum.

Learn Windows Azure Live!  Tuesday, Dec 13, 2011