"Martin v. Löwis" wrote:
>> Unless I'm reading the meaning of those log lines incorrectly that
>> means the apache timeout is insufficient to protect against dangling
>> client connections.
>
> I have reduced the timeout to 30s now. If somebody thinks this is a bad
> idea, please let me know.

If I understand the Apache timeout setting correctly, then this would
prevent anyone with a slow connection from downloading larger files
from python.org:

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/core.html#timeout

I'll see whether I can test this using
http://www.uselessapplications.com/en/Application/FirefoxThrottle.aspx

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com

Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, Apr 07 2011)

               http://www.egenix.com/company/contact/