On 27.06.2017 00:07, Steve Holden wrote:

I can't remember anyone who asked for edit permissions being refused. Certainly, responding critically to an email is sufficient proof of sentience to merit permission to edit. Thank you for taking enough interest to want to help.

How good is your memory anyway?  I was refused editorship today.

When read your line: "I can't remember anyone who asked for edit permissions being refused." , I knew what was in store.

Keep up the "good work", folks. You know what I'm talking about.