Hello Dr.Vincent,

Thanks for the quick reply. I did try to run the case with both openmp and
cuda backends.

With CUDA backend (Tesla K80) on a virtual machine, I am constantly seeing
this error message:

[image: 1.png] <about:invalid#zClosurez>

I found out a way to get rid of the message, but there was no improvement
on the performance. (foot note: nvidia-smi tells me 12 cores are used in
both cases)

[image: 2.png] <about:invalid#zClosurez>

Also,  I realized that run speed remains the same regardless how many cores
I call (mpirun -n ##). Single core, 12 cores and 20 cores all requiring
14hrs to run 20s of this 3d cylinder case with 360k cell at 4th order. I
believe there is still some technical issues in here. I am suspecting the
openmpi version is holding me back at the moment. Here it is openmpi 1.10
and latest version is 4.0.

As I am running this case with openmp backend on a local machine, I have
encountered similar issue: regardless how many processors I am calling,
there was no improvement on performance. The run speed is extremely slow.
It is openmpi 2.1 on this local machine.

I am currently rebuilding the latest openmpi on the local machine (there is
some difficulties on updating cuda aware openmpi on the virtual machine).
Besides the openmpi issue, anything else might go wrong?
Thanks again.

Junting Chen