> Apart from the features, I think nowadays people are more comfortable
> joining a forum than subscribing to a mailing list.
> --
> Nathan Whitehead

And then you have the other class of people who prefer to manage their own
moderation, get all of their communication in one place, have an easy way to
search through all communication regarding several projects, and not have to
remember the links to half a dozen forums.

And then there's me who will subscribe to all of the mailing lists and put
the forum in a permanent tab on firefox :)

But it's true - there may be a potential audience that we are not hearing
because they don't follow mailing lists.