Hi all,

Me and my friend are having trouble with joysticks in pygame 1.8.1. We're
both running Ubuntu 8.10 (on different machines in different countries)

Basically, joysticks are initializing fine. joystick.get_button() also is
working. However, when printing joystick.get_numhats() and
joystick.get_numaxes(), we're getting a zero. Obviously, executing
joystick.get_hat(0) and joystick.get_axis(0) gives us errors. We've also
tried running some pygames that use joysticks, and they crash due to
hat/ball errors.

However, I've tried some other SDL games that use joysticks, and they all
work perfectly. Help?

Thanks,

--
- pymike