What do you mean by "gcc line of something that fails"?

Something like this:

In file included from /usr/local/include/libavutil/avutil.h:56,
                 from /usr/local/include/libavcodec/avcodec.h:30,
                 from /usr/local/include/libavformat/avformat.h:45,
                 from src/ff_movie.h:5,
                 from src/ff_movie.c:18:
/usr/local/include/libavutil/common.h:134: error: redefinition of ‘av_log2’
/usr/include/ffmpeg/common.h:98: error: previous definition of ‘av_log2’ was
here

Thats the first error that comes up.

-Tyler