On Wed, Jun 1, 2011 at 2:47 AM, René Dudfield <ren...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, May 31, 2011 at 10:02 PM, Greg Ewing
> <greg.ew...@canterbury.ac.nz>wrote:
>
>> René Dudfield wrote:
>>
>>  I'm thinking of removing the single calls, and only having multiple ones
>>> available - to force people into using the more efficient methods.
>>>

>> -1 if this means I'd have to build a list if I just want
>> to draw one item, because that introduces inefficiencies
>> of its own and makes the code less clear.
>>

> I understand the concerns about readability, and speed impacts.
>
> However, I'm not sure it adds much clutter visually for the single use
> case.  Just add a couple of extra brackets.
>
> Also, the most common use case is drawing multiple items.  I can't think of
> one real application where I've only drawn one element off the top of my
> head.

I've had applications where I want to draw a single line, and many where
I've wanted to draw a single circle, arc, or polygon.

I don't expect that performance is a big issue, but I think it makes sense
to have a version for just drawing a single item. Every graphical API that
I'm familiar with allows you to draw a single item without putting it in a
container. Is it common not to? Should pygame.draw.line be deprecated as
well?

-Christopher