Hi,

You're using X right?  I can't find a way with Xlib to find which keyboard
generated the event.  I also don't have an extra keyboard to plugin at the
moment.

Try running 'xev' in a terminal.  Then press a key on each keyboard, and
see if there are any differences in the output.

They should print something like this:
"""
KeyPress event, serial 36, synthetic NO, window 0x4600001,
    root 0xad, subw 0x0, time 223972330, (-345,178), root:(450,225),
    state 0x4, keycode 54 (keysym 0x63, c), same_screen YES,
    XLookupString gives 1 bytes: (03) ""
    XmbLookupString gives 1 bytes: (03) ""
    XFilterEvent returns: False
"""

Maybe copy them back to the email so we can all have a look.

cheers,