On 24 January 2016 at 13:34, Ryan Westlund <rlwestl...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am looking at github but it's making me worry that whoever tries to
> download my code will have to have git installed and know how to use it in
> order to download and play my game.

Every Github project gets automatic links like this to download the latest
version of the code, without having to use git at all:
https://github.com/takluyver/redsnail/archive/master.zip

You can also upload 'releases' of a project, e.g. if you want to create an
installer that bundles pygame with your application. Again, people don't
need to know git to use it.

I think the other major code hosting sites like Bitbucket and Gitlab have
similar features. Github is the most popular at present, though.

Thomas