100 years from now there will be pygameweek, drawing crusty old diehards
from all over. I like old things. :)

I like new things, too. So https://bitbucket.org/gummbum/gsdl2/, cause
SDL2, pypy, and cffi. It is a pygame-like to enable ease of transition and
code porting. Effort has focused on the staples, so many features are yet
TBD. I wrote a full featured pilot game with it (a feature and performance
exerciser), and am currently making a larger one for fun. Anybody who
appreciates 100% Python and full access to the SDL2 libraries should be
tempted by this. Contributors welcome.