I've worked on http://programarcadegames.com for about 7 years now. I've
led hundreds of students through the material, updated it, and improved it
every week. With the examples, translations,  and videos, I really think it
is the best quality educational resource for Pygame out there. I know I'm
biased, but I don't think any other resource has had more editing not had
more students go through it.