Quoting Hrvoje Niksic <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> > > I don't think so, no.
> > Yes, that's the same. Threading doesn't work with the current
> > implementation of Gtk because all Python threads are dead as long as
> > Gtk waits in its mainloop for events (no Python code is executed ->
> > Python can't switch the threads).
> This is brain-dead on the part of Python, but that's another matter.
> :-(

No, actually itīs braindead of Gtk but then, all X toolkits work this way.
Tcl has the same problem as well as Motif. I donīt know how Qt handles
this but I doubt that they can do this.

--
Aaron "Optimizer" Digulla             Team AMIGA     AROS Head of Development
Author of XDME, ResTrackLib, CInt.                     <http://www.aros.org/>