Hello everyone,

I am getting close to releasing a new version of gnome-python and pygtk,
as you probably know.

In preparation, I have put together a snapshot of the new gnome-python.
It contains the threading code for pygtk (in fact the only difference
between the pygtk in this snapshot and the last pygtk snapshot is that
this one exports the thread block/unblock functions, and includes a
wrapper for gdk_bitmap_create_from_data), and extends this support to
gnome.ui.

It also contains two new modules -- gnome.applet and gnome.capplet.  These
are conditionally compiled, depending on whether gnome-core and
control-center are installed, respectively.  I have written a simple
python clock applet included in the pygnome/examples directory that should
be enough to get people started.

The snapshot is available at ftp://ftp.daa.com.au/pub/james/gnome/

If noone finds any problems with this snapshot, it will become pygtk-0.6.0
and gnome-python-1.0.2.

James Henstridge.

--
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]