Or if they're using a different language, the word widths would be
different for the text in their language. :)

A good rule of thumb is to allow 30% extra width from a normal width font
in English. This is speaking as a Mac programmer who's had to deal with
multi-language support and is not based on any scientific data whatsoever.
It simply seemed to work 99% of the time. :)

--
_Deirdre   *   http://www.linuxcabal.org   *   http://www.deirdre.net
"I have a simple rule in life: If I don't understand something, it must be