On Fri, 8 Oct 1999, Jozsa Kristof wrote:

>    I've got confused around GtkList and GtkListItem-s 2 days before and
> seems I cannot figure out what I'm doing wrong. I've defined a GtkList and
> put it out to my GUI. I've filled it with a couple of GtkListItems, and
> stored the references for myself for future use. Later, when I query which
> item of the list is selected, I get an instance of a GtkListItem, which does
> not match with any of the stored instances.

The real gurus may hang me if I'm wrong, but I think your problem is like
this: GTK is not object oriented and you're not guaranteed to get back the
exact same object back. GTK itself has no concept of objects, only of what
could be called pseudo-objects. When pygtk returns the GtkListItem to
you, I think it creates a Python object from the pseudo object for you,
hence the differing addresses.

Anders "Quest" Qvist
NetGuide Scandinavia

And we who listen to the sky, or walk the dusty grade,
Or break the very atoms down, to see how they are made,
Or study cells, or living things, seek truth with open hand;
The profoundest act of worship is to try to understand.

-- Catherine Faber, "The Word of God"

To unsubscribe: echo "unsubscribe" | mail [EMAIL PROTECTED]