Hi,

The reason I ask is that it would be nice to be able to navigate via
the keyboard in a ctree so that hitting the left arrow takes
you to the parent node. This would require transfering the focus
to the parent node.

It's easy to come up with other examples that would be useful
(eg some find function?) so I wouldn't say it shouldn't be allowed,
but then again the functionality may simply not be there ...

Alexei

On Thu, 20 Jan 2000, Matt Wilson wrote:
> The clist API doesn't have a function for setting it, so clearly it's
> not meant to be a read/write member of the structure.
>
> Matt
>
> On Thu, Jan 20, 2000 at 09:40:13PM +0100, Andreas Degert wrote:
> > Matt Wilson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> > > Setting it shouldn't be allowed.
> >
> > Why not? Sometimes the most comfortable way to update the content of a
> > GtkCTree widget is to empty and refill it - the focus row should not
> > change for the user, so you have to save the old position
> > (tree.focus_row) before the widget is emptied and to set it afterwards
> > (tree.???  only ugly work-arounds available).

To unsubscribe: echo "unsubscribe" | mail [EMAIL PROTECTED]