On Tue, 13 Jun 2000 17:06:38 +0200 (CEST), Niklas Saers Mailinglistaccount
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> In gtk.py in GtkText there is
>
>         def insert(self, font, fg, bg, string):
>                 _gtk.gtk_text_insert(self._o, font, fg, bg, string,
>                                      len(string))
>
> Could anyone tell me what kind of font this is? Following the
> Gtk-documentation I would say it should be a GdkFont but I can't seem to
> find this class reflected in the pygtk files, and GDK.py doesn't help out
> much.
>
> Thanks in advance
>
>       Niklas Saers

Check out the 'description.py' file that came with pygtk
(example: /usr/doc/pygtk-0.5.12  on RH 6.0  if you don't have pygtk-source
installed)

>From 'description.py':
"""This file describes the types defined in gtkmodule that don't have Python
class wrappers in gtk.py, but are still used.  This module shouldn't be
imported, as it is only meant to be documentation.
"""

It has the following for GdkFont:
class GdkFont:
        """ the ascent and descent of a font"""
        ascent = _
        descent = _
        """ the font type (GDK.FONT_FONT or GDK.FONT_FONTSET) """
        type = _
        def width(self, str):
                """return the width of the string"""
                pass
        def height(self, str):
                """return the height of the string"""
                pass
        def measure(self, str):
                """return the width of the string, taking into account kerning
                of the final character"""
                pass
        def extents(self, str):
                """return (lbearing,rbearing,width,ascent,descent)"""
                pass