I just got the HEAD branch of gtk+ compiled on my system, so was thinking
of starting off binding it.  One of the new features is the GObject
system, which is what the GtkObject stuff is based on in gtk+-1.3.

It provides a non GUI base for objects.  I have been wondering about
whether to put the base gobject support into a separate module or not, and
whether I should keep it separate from the gtk package (when you import
gtk, it initialises the GUI).  Does this sound like a good idea?

I don't know how many non gui libraries will be using gobject, and how
many of those will be useful to python programmers.  If we want to wrap
those libraries and not require gtk be loaded, it will have to be compiled
as a separate module.

James.

--
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]