On Wed, 26 Jul 2000, Mitch Chapman wrote:

> I'm not sure where to ask this, so will bug you all. :)
>
> I'm working on a pygtk application which has a main window and
> several modeless dialogs.  The customer has requested that the
> modeless dialogs always stay in front of the main window, but that
> they be separately iconifiable.  (The dialogs just present zoomed
> depictions of the same basic type of data.)
>
> The first requirement is easy: just use set_transient_for().
> The second requirement is also easy:  just don't use
> set_transient_for().  Does anybody have suggestions for
> accomplishing both of these tasks at once?

Note that the set_transient_for() hint is a window manager hint, and is
not interpretted the same by all window managers (some even allow the user
to control how it is handled, some ignore it), so it may just be your
window manager that prevents the separate iconification.  Unless you can
control what window manager is in use, this requirement may be very
difficult to implement.

I am not sure what the best way to handle this is.

> --
> Mitch Chapman
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

James.