On Mon, 21 Aug 2000, you wrote:
> On Mon, 21 Aug 2000, Alexandre Fayolle wrote:
> > This is a GtkCTree you are speaking about, aren't you ? I'm using a plain
> > GtkTree.
>
> Then I would recommend switching to a GtkCTree.  Out of the two tree
> widgets available in gtk+-1.2, the ctree is much less broken (GtkTree
> occasionally has weird problems that are difficult to track down, and
> sometimes almost impossible to fix).  If you only want one column
> (ie. behaviour similar to GtkTree), set the GtkCTree to one column, turn
> off titles, and make that one column automatically resize to the widest
> row (with ctree.set_column_auto_resize(0, TRUE)).
>
> Of course, in gtk+-2.0 there will be jrb's new tree/list widget, which has...

I'm also developing an application with gtktree.  Ctree sounds
promising...BUT: is there any documentation on ctree?  All I found was a page
in the tutorial mentioning that ctree didn't have any...

Or, perhaps even better, some example code using ctree would be great.  I don't
need fancy arbitrarily deep, or dynamic recursion.  My data has just a few
fixed levels of structure.  I need it to look something like:

+modulename1 date
+modulename2 date
+modulename56 date
        hbox with moduleheader stuff
        -stepname1
                vbox
                        hbox-with-stuff-inside
                        -subinfo
                                hbox-with-more-stuff
        +stepname2
+modulename57 date
+modulename740 date

where the insides of moduleN are not fetched from my database until that module
is opened. Each step may have around 20 lines of text. Modules have 1-5 steps,
each with subinfo boxes.  Entire window has from 1 to 900 modules. I am
concerned about performance when a lot of these get opened fully.

I will need to interactively insert and delete modules.

Thanks much for any pointers, hints, etc...
        George

--
George Young,  Rm. L-204                [EMAIL PROTECTED]
MIT Lincoln Laboratory