----- Forwarded message from Aaron Optimizer Digulla <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> -----

Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2000 10:52:09 +0200
From: Aaron Optimizer Digulla <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: mpj17 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [pygtk] Problem with GtkScrolledWindow
[EMAIL PROTECTED] on Tue, Sep 26, 2000 at 04:05:46AM +0000

On Tue, Sep 26, 2000 at 04:05:46AM +0000, mpj17 wrote:

> I have a GtkCList, and I can add it to a GtkScrolledWindow.  It resizes
> nicely and I can scroll up and down the list to my heart's content.  My
> problem occurs when I try and add a tool-tip to the vertical scroll bar
> (like the scroll bar in Adobe Acrobat Reader).  When I examine the
> scrolled windows children I can see the GtkCList, but neither of the
> scroll bars.  Looking at gtkscrolledwindow.h the `class' does store the
> vertical scroll bar publicly, but there does not seem any way to access
> it from Python.  Can anyone give me a hand in implementing my weird
> tool-tip.

You must add another function to _gtkmodule.c which creates a PyGtk object
from the scroll bar and returns that. This file has lots of these functions
so it should be no problem to write that. Next, you must add a method
__getattr___ (self, name) to GtkScrolledwindow() which will call
this function when name=="vscrollbar" or similar.

Sowatec AG,       CH-8330 Pfäffikon (ZH)
Witzbergstr. 7,   http://www.sowatec.com
Tel: +41-(0)1-952 55 55
Fax: +41-(0)1-952 55 66
Aaron "Optimizer" Digulla, [EMAIL PROTECTED]

----- End forwarded message -----