> I'm having problems using a GtkPixmap to display the icon for an image in

> the Gnome panel. I have created a pixmap using Gimp which is transparent
> and
> wish to display this as the icon. The problem is that the icon never gets

> displayed with the proper transparency information (alpha channel).

Hello,

I once discovered a similar problem with GdkImlib. It simply did not want
to load the alpha channel. The problem is somehow depending on the
currently installed GTK-theme (weird, I know), where a certain type of
entry has to be.

My simple workaround is this at the beginning of the program:

  rcstring = """
  style "trans" {
    engine "pixmap" {}
  }