At 08:05 18.01.01 -0500, Steffes, Ryan wrote:
>Okay, I've done both installed the gimp (which works fine) and put the
>gtk-1.3.dll gdk-1.3.dll and even gnu-intl.dll in
>  windows\system\

missing: glib-1.3.dll

>  Still giving me:
>
>  C:\Tools\Python>python
>  Python 1.5.2 (#0, Apr 13 1999, 10:51:12) [MSC 32 bit (Intel)] on win32

Which may be another problem, cause I've recently updated to Python 2.0.
But because you probably read website hints, you are using the correct
binaries, do you ?

>  Copyright 1991-1995 Stichting Mathematisch Centrum, Amsterdam
>  >>> import gtk
>  Traceback (innermost last):
>    File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
>    File "C:\Tools\Python\Lib\gtk.py", line 21, in ?
>      import _gtk
>  ImportError: DLL load failed: One of the library files needed to run this
>applic
>  ation cannot be found.
>  >>>

You could check with the MS Dependency Walker:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/techart/redistribvc6.htm

which DLL or exported symbol is missing. (IHMO the program is
self-explaining, so don't ask me for help :-)

>  > Since the port on Han's page doesn't seem to come with instructions,
My only instructions are a little bit lower on the same page, but mostly
Gimp Python related.

BTW: is the right spelling of my name too difficult ?

Here it is again, have fun,
        Hans