I had a lot of problems in Debian with the imlib library not wanting to display my
theme or any other image I wanted.

---
#include <Python.h>
#include <dlfcn.h>

static PyMethodDef load_imlib_methods [] = {
          {NULL, NULL}
};

void
init_load_imlib ()
{

        if (!dlopen ("libgdk_imlib.so", RTLD_NOW | RTLD_GLOBAL))
                printf ("\n%s\n", dlerror());
        if (!dlopen ("libXi.so", RTLD_NOW | RTLD_GLOBAL))
                printf ("\n%s\n", dlerror());

        Py_InitModule ("_load_imlib", load_imlib_methods);
}
---

But I have to call dlclose for every library I open right? So where do I do
that? Is there  some way in Python that I can ensure a piece of code is run,
even when the interpreter exits unexpectedly?

btw, I can't tell you what a relieve it is to finally run my program on a stock
Debian system.

And for those that haven't followed it all, Debian is not to blame.

--
Danie