On Mon, 19 Mar 2001, D-Man wrote:

> | But can Gtk run well on windows ? (a newbie's
> | question,
> | but I haven't found any answer on internet.) and can
> | pyGtk provide wxPython's funtionalities shown in their
> | demo ?
>
> GTK runs pretty well on windows (see www.gimp.org/win32).  The gimp
> uses it, and it was the reason Tor began porting GTK.  The gimp runs
> quite well.  I don't know whether the gimp or gtk is the cause of most
> of the gimp's crashes.  Search on google for Hans Breuer.  He has
> windows ports of a number of useful apps, some of them python related,
> on his web site.

Note that gtk+ 2.0 will probably run significantly better on win32 than
the 1.3 betas (based on a snapshot from the devel branch before all the
nice new features were added) which are currently used for gimp, etc.  The
wrapper for gtk 2.0 should also use less memory :)

James.

--
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
WWW:   http://www.daa.com.au/~james/