On 16 Jun 2001, at 16:54, Niklas Saers Mailinglistaccou wrote:

> Hi all. I've made a nice little thingy with Glade, and connected the
> About menu to a function that does a self.about.show() (I've attached the
> about widget to self.about earlier) and it shows just fine. Then I close
> it and open it again, and I get the following error message. Can anyone
> tell me why I get this and what I am doing wrong?

Hi, I don't use glade myself, but the last time I got those messages
that you had, it was because the parent widget got destroyed and
thus also the child whereas I thought that having a python
reference to the child would keep it safe.

specifically I had this list of GtkPixmaps that I was just cycling
through but swapping them in and out of a GtkHBox. (Not the best
way for animation I've since found out)

When the GtkHBox got destroyed, it killed whichever last
GtkPixmap was still hanging inside. The solution was to use
hbox.remove(...) to remove the child first before destroying the
GtkHbox. Dunno if this is what you are experiencing though.