Hello,

I am trying to draw a rectangle in a drawing area, display it on the
screen, sleep for 10 seconds, and then draw another rectangle and display
that too.

To be precise, I am using the following (taken from the scribble.py
example)

draw_brush(drawing_area,10,50)
win.show()
sleep(10)
draw_brush(drawing_area,60,50)
win.show()

But, somehow this seems to accumulate the draw_brush() requests and the
end result is that both the rectangles get drawn at once.  How do I avoid
this ? Maybe there is some function to refresh the drawing area.  But I
couldn't find one in the documentation.

I did try to use the function
drawing_area.event(drawing_area.get_evetns()).
But it said "expected GdkEvent, int found".  I was not able to figure out
as to how to create/define a GdkEvent and pass it to the above function.

Any help regarding this would be appreciated

Thanks
Amit.