> On Mon, 21 Feb 2000, Juergen Ehrensberger wrote:
> in a GnomeApp I created menus including a UIINFO_TOGGLEITEM. However,
> the connected callback cannot determine the value of the toggle item,
> since it receives a GtkObject of type GtkCheckMenuItem instead of the
> GtkCheckMenuItem itself. Therefore the method call
> __getattr__("active") does not work. Is it possible to access the
> GtkCheckMenuItem inside the GtkObject ? For GtkMenus everything works
> just fine.

Given an
    item= <GtkObject of type GtkCheckMenuItem at 8388070>
                                                 ^ for example
you can create a Python wrapper object
and then access the 'active' field:

      wrap = gtk.GtkCheckMenuItem(_obj=item);
      print "active=", wrap.active;

I am now struggling with another related problem
of how to initialize the status of this toggle/check menu item.
More generally, after calling:
   GnomeApp.create_menus(self, menuinfo)
(with a well defined menuinfo tree)
How can one access the menu items??