Mike> Hi all. I'm relatively new to GTK and have been encountering
    Mike> some issues with thread locking and further updating of the
    Mike> application.

Whose threads are you using, Gtk's or Python's?  Are you updating the
display in more than one thread?  Can you easily restructure your
application so that only a single thread is messing with the display?
If not, I'd recommend it.  Also, my guess is that Python's thread
stuff is going to be easier to use than Gtk's.  If nothing else, it
provides some higher level objects (Queue.Queue, for example).

--
Skip Montanaro ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
http://www.mojam.com/