his problem. He has run the program under gdb to catch the segfault, and
the backtrace is rather confusing.

(gdb) backtrace
#0  0x402c6eae in gtk_color_selection_dialog_new () from /usr/lib/libgtk-1.2.so.0
#1  0x4063029d in gnome_entry_new () from /usr/lib/libgnomeui.so.32
#2  0x08510648 in ?? ()
Cannot access memory at address 0x1

The window in question contains neither a gtk_color_selection_dialog nor
a gnome_entry. And all that is happening is that the window is being
closed after some values are stored. No new widgets are created.

Does anyone have any ideas?
--
Don Allingham
[EMAIL PROTECTED]