Hi

I have managed to compile pygtk-1.99.7 on windows.
Files can be found at:

        http://www-ai.ijs.si/~kese/python/

Warning: Consider this as an alpha release as the
software is not very stable yet.

The archive includes binary pyhton modules as well as
required MSVC makefiles (if you wish to build it
yourself).

The binaries have been built on the current CVS
(March 16, 2002) version of pygtk and the Tor
Lillquist's port of Gtk+-2.0 to windows (see
http://www.gimp.org/~tml/gimp/win32/). There are
no bindings for glade, nor gtkgl.

Sources had to be slightly modified in order to
build on windows. Here is a quick description of
modifications:

- gtk/gtkmodule.c: init_gtk

  A call to gtk_init_check(...) segfaults whenever
  any arguments are passed to gtk. I have replaced
  the call with the following code (so that the
  arguments are being ignored):

        #ifdef _WIN32
            if (!gtk_init_check(&0, NULL)) {
        #else
            if (!gtk_init_check(&argc, &argv)) {
        #endif
                if (argv != NULL) {

- gtk/gtk.defs and gtk/gtk-types.defs

  All references to GtkSocket and GtkPlug have been
  removed because GtkSocket and GtkPlug are only
  available in libgtk-x11 (on X windows).

- gtk/gtk.c: _wrap_gtk_widget__get_allocation(...)

  There was a small bug in CVS version of pygtk that
  should be resolved quickly (probably an autogeneration
  problem). Anyway I have replaced:
    return pyg_boxed_new(ret, FALSE, TRUE);
  with:
    return pyg_boxed_new(GDK_TYPE_RECTANGLE, &ret, FALSE, TRUE);

That is about it. You are invited to play with it and
help with debugging.

Best luck,

        Peter

P.S. I would appreciate if any of this would be included
into the original pygtk CVS or distribution.