Then <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> spoke up and said:
> First of all, are you talking about porting pygtk on cygwin using XFree
> (http://cygwin.com/xfree/) or the win32 port of gtk+ (as available from
> http://www.gimp.org/win32/) ? If you plan to use XFree, things should be

xfree.  I'm a unix sysadmin and would normally run linux or freebsd on
my laptop, but it turns out I also need access to Windows software.
My solution is to use the cygwin package with the cygwin port of
xfree.  It works extremely well, and building packages mostly just works.

> P.S. : what do you mean by "the binary package is not cygwin friendly". You
> use python as provided by the cygwin distribution ? If it's the case, you
> must use XFree and port gtk+ and pygtk accordingly.

Exactly.  Sorry, I should have specifically mentioned xfree.  In any
event, it configures/builds just fine, except that when I try to use
it, I discover that none of the widgets exist.

> pretty straightforward using the configure script. You might have to fight
> with dlltool/dllwrap to generate the _gtk.pyd though. If you want to use

What's a .pyd?  Also, there doesn't seem to be a Makefile rule for the
creation of _gtk.py*.  Perhaps this is my problem?