On Mon, Jun 10, 2002 at 11:34:04AM -0400, Shandy Brown wrote:
> On Mon, 2002-06-10 at 11:13, Andrew Reid wrote:
> >   I am working on a "console" window for my application, trying to provide
> > a place where users can have arbitrary Python commands interpreted in the
> > application's namespace.  This is a "shell-like" interface, as opposed
> > to an editor-like interface -- new text gets added to the bottom, and
> > it has a command history, but once something appears in the window, it
> > doesn't change.
>
> Check out gtkcons.py
>
> I use it in my project for debugging purposes.  I think it comes
> included with the pygnome package

  Excellent clue, thank you.  On my machine,  it's installed
under /usr/lib/gimp, although it may well have been put there by
Debian's python-gtk package installer.

  What the gtkcons does is emit_stop_by_name("key_press_event") on the
keypresses that have bad side-effects, and preliminary tests suggest
that this is going to work for me too.

                                        -- A.