On Tue, Oct 29, 2002 at 04:31:34PM -0600, Tanya Brethour wrote:
> Ok. I am a newbie to gtk and python.. please do not let that scare you
> aware :)
>
> Essentially I have a ctree currently with many nodes in it. I want to be
> able to "check" certain nodes. So I would have the label and a small
> checkbox next to it. So the user can check certain items they want and
> leave the ones they don't unchecked. Make sense?

Are you using Gtk 1.2 still? Otherwise, it would be better to use things
like GtkTreeView and friends in Gtk 2. GtkCTree is deprecated now.

If you are using Gtk 2, run gtk-demo (comes with the Gtk distribution)
and look at the Tree View -> Tree Store demo. That shows you can do
something like you are saying. There is also C source code available in
that demo to show you how it is done. That might give you some hints.

Malcolm

--
Two wrongs are only the beginning.