Christian Reis wrote:
On Wed, Oct 23, 2002 at 01:33:25PM +0100, Padraig Brady wrote:

> GnomeUI-CRITICAL **: file gnome-app.c: line 208 (gnome_app_new): assertion `appname != NULL' failed.
>
> Gtk-WARNING **: invalid cast from (NULL) pointer to `GnomeApp'
> zsh: segmentation fault

OK I would like to release a python app using libglade that
just has a dependency on gtk and not gnome. The above is still
happening on my RH7.3 system so is there a work around or
is it possible at all to not import gnome.ui ?

You don't have to import gnome.ui. Your glade file appears to define a
GnomeApp in it, however, which mandates it. Change the glade file to use
only GTK+ widgets and you should be fine.

Take care,
Thanks for the info,
I've noticed that (with pygtk-0.6.8-3) if you use any gnome stuff
(even non obvious stuff like stock icons for buttons), then
it will crash unless you import gnome.ui

Keeping it purely gtk makes things OK.

Note I unselected the "Enable Gnome support" in
the Glade project options but still got gnome stuff.
So I guess Glade has a bug and pygtk has a buglet.

thanks again,
Pádraig.