Brian Warner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Howdy all..
>
> I've been trying to rewrite my python/gnome1 -based applets in python/gnome2
> (somewhat forced into it because of the recent debian/unstable gnome2
> switch). One of the more significant changes in gtk2/gnome2 that shows up in
> panel applets is that right-clicks on top of GtkButtons no longer result in
> the applet's menu appearing. I don't know if this is because GtkButtons
> consume the button2 and button3 events instead of passing them up to their
> containers (they do, but from what I can tell they did in gtk1.2 as well) or
> because the new bonobo-based libpanel-applet system does something different
> than the old applet-widget scheme (it does, but I don't know if it is not
> implementing an old workaround or if something else changed).

With gtk1/gnome1, binding the signals seems to happen when a
widget-tree is added to the AppletWidget container. So, if you add
Buttons to a GtkHBox, and then add that box to the AppletWidget, the
button-events are processed by the panel. If you first add the
GtkHBox, and then add the buttons to the GtkHBox, then those buttons
receive events button2 and button3. Some explicit mechanism for gnome2
to bind the signals would be better.