On Thu, Jan 02, 2003 at 12:11:28PM -0200, Johan Dahlin wrote:
> tor 2003-01-02 klockan 11.53 skrev Christian Reis:
> > So, is import pygtk required or not for pygtk2?
>
> It depends.
>
> 1) Where python is installed
> 2) How pygtk.pth looks like

I've added this as FAQ 2.6. What follows is MHO:

The sheer complexity of the description is a good reason to suggest that
anybody *considering* using a scheme like this to manage versions in
their Python packages to ** steer clear of using .pth  files ** - it's
overly complex, error-prone, and didn't get us anything apart from
preserving the gtk namespace. For the particularly brave:

    http://www.async.com.br/faq/pygtk/index.py?req=show&file=faq02.006.htp

If anybody has a simpler version of the test script I've put there, I'd
like to add it to the FAQ, thanks.

Take care,