On Sun, Jan 05, 2003 at 10:15:40PM +0800, James Henstridge wrote:
> >I have a question about event definitions: I am trying to capture the
> >double click event but I cannot find the symbolic name for it.
> >
> >I am using Debian and the unstable package python2.2-gnome2-1.99.13-3 .
> >
> >I have searched the web and mailing list archives. In old postings there
> >is a reference to a "GDK" module. I can not find such a module in the
> >new package.
> >
> >There is a reference to GDK_2BUTTON_PRESS in
> >  /usr/share/pygtk/2.0/defs/gdk-types.defs
> >but I am at a total loss on how to use this in my python program.
> >
> >What can I do? I can slap a '5' in there but it is gross...
> >

> The GTK_* constants have been mapped to gtk.* constants, and the GDK_*
> constants to gtk.gdk.*.  The one caveat is that python identifiers can't
> start with a number.  As is done in a few other Python extension
> modules, pygtk will prefix these constants with an underscore.
>
> So GDK_2BUTTON_PRESS is wrapped as gtk.gdk._2BUTTON_PRESS, while
> GDK_BUTTON_PRESS is gtk.gdk.BUTTON_PRESS (no underscore).

Thank you.

Could you please add this to the FAQ:
   http://www.async.com.br/faq/pygtk/index.py?req=show&file=faq02.002.htp
like
   "- The Gtk and Gdk prefixes on classes are gone.  This can be fairly
   easily fixed with simple search and replace operations (gtk.GtkFoo
   goes  to gtk.Foo, and gtk.GdkFoo goes to gtk.gdk.Foo)."
and correct entries like:
   http://www.async.com.br/faq/pygtk/index.py?req=show&file=faq03.002.htp
   http://www.async.com.br/faq/pygtk/index.py?req=show&file=faq05.004.htp
or wait for me to get a password for the wiki :)

I have contacted [EMAIL PROTECTED] to request a password for the wiki.

Cheers,
florin
--

"NT is to UNIX what a doughnut is to a particle accelerator."