> For the standard widget event signals, a custom accumulator is set.
> When going through the list of handlers to call for the signal, the
> process goes like this:
>    1. call handler
>    2. if it returned True, skip the rest of the handlers in
> the list and return True
>    3. otherwise, continue to the next handler
> GtkTreeView handles button press events, so its handler will return
> True.  If you have a handler further down the list, then it won't get
> called.

OK, thats what I got from the gobject docs. Whats I think is a bug
is that the default handler returns true which means that 'after' handlers
can never be called unless the default handler is explicitly blocked.
I think it's much more natural for the default handlers to return false.

Anyhoo, the behaviour I was trying to fix is that if a treeview had no
items selected and right mouse button was pressed, that the item under
the mouse should be selected before the context menu pops up.

In the end I used treeview.get_path_at_pos and treeview.set_cursor
just before the popup.

Stephen.

---
Stephen Kennedy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>