On Wed, 26 Mar 2003 14:26:22 -0500
John K Luebs <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> >     Michel> Hi guys!  I'm learning gtk and pygtk (I started with
> >     Michel> pygtk) and I want to know about a thing... I made a window
> >     Michel> and I want, when I press a button, my program create a
> >     Michel> popup window with a alert... I made it but I connect the
> >     Michel> gtk.mainquit signal to the popup and all the windows are
> >     Michel> killed!  How to close only the popup window?
> >
> > Don't connect mainquit to the popup window.  It does what it says --
> > quits the main program.  Instead, you want to do something like
>
> Just as a clarification: gtk.mainquit() only quits the current
> (innermost) mainloop. You can actually nest a gtk.mainloop in your code
> somewhere which will run until gtk.mainquit is called. Control will then
> be returned to the nested mainloop caller.

Ok, I understand... I knew that gtk.mainquit would destroy all windows, but I ned to
start at some point ;) Now I know that I need just to use self.window.destroy(), I
found my true problem, I need to learn gtk and pygtk, not just python-libglade :)

Now I will read all the pygtk tutorial, i have much time now in my holydays!

Thanks and sorry about my poor english again :)

--

Michel Thadeu Sabchuk
Curitiba - Paraná - Brasil