Feeling really dumb here...

Looked up Process management in the Python docs
(http://www.python.org/doc/current/lib/os-process.html), but I am unsure how get the
process id
returned to me.  Here is my test code:

--------------------
#!/usr/bin/env python
import os
print "Starting process echo..."
result = os.execlp("echo","bobiscool","bobisnotcool")
print result

the result that gets printed is "bobisnotcool", the output from my 'echo' statment.
How do obtain
the process id, and once I do that, what is my other parameter to kill(), besides the
procID.

Thanks,

Chris Shaffer