On Fri, Jun 27, 2003 at 12:16:05PM -0400, Elliot Lee wrote:
>On Wed, 25 Jun 2003, Elliot Lee wrote:
>> The problem is that pygdk_block_threads assumes that an accompanying
>> pygdk_unblock_threads has previously been called, when in fact it hasn't.
>> This can happen in situations when a thread calls a non-thread-wrapped gtk
>> function that emits a signal (e.g. gtk_entry_set_text()), and that signal
>> is connected to a python function.
>
>The attached patch seems to fix this particular problem.

YES!!! Finally, someone has correctly diagnosed and fixed this long-standing
bug!

Using your patch against 1.99.16-2 in Debian testing works really well for me,
and I can finally remove all of my semi-hacky threading workarounds in my
pygtk apps.

When will we see this patch integrated into the official release?

Thanks!

Will