Jon Willeke wrote:

Sorry for not replying to the original message, but I only just subscribed. I was just looking into this, myself. I installed SuSE Linux 8.2 Personal, then installed a bunch of packages from mirror sites. I usually use Red Hat, so I'm a little out of my element.

If you try to rebuild the python-gnome package, you'll get a message like this:

The following modules will NOT be built:

  gnome.ui
  bonobo
  bonobo.activation
  bonobo.ui
  gnome.applet
  nautilus

  Note: PyORBit 1.99.4 or later is required by bonobo, gnomeui
and nautilus bindings.

It seems that SuSE doesn't ship PyORBit. The python-orbit-1.99.0 package is actually ORBit-Python 0.3.1.

The python-orbit-1.99.0 is the port of orbit-python to ORBit2. Modern versions of gnome-python require PyORBit instead. If SuSE doesn't come with a PyORBit package, you will need to create one. The spec file included with pyorbit is fairly up to date, so you could use that as a starting point.

I'm trying to rebuild the python-gnome package with gnome.ui support, but it's slow going. The spec files and configure scripts miss a lot of dependencies, so I have to decipher error messages from make and cc.

James.

--
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
WWW:   http://www.daa.com.au/~james/