On Mon, Jul 28, 2003 at 03:48:47PM +0300, Alexandr V. Demeshko wrote:
> Could someone explain me how PyGtk, libglade and gettext should
> work together?

There's something of a FAQ entry covering this sort of thing, but I don't think it
covers your specific question.

> When I call from Python glade.XML("mygladefile", domain="mydomain")
> wrapper code does not use domain, instead passes it into libglade2 by
> calling glade_xml_new. And then libglade2 uses "mydomain" internally.
> But, AFAIU gtk requires that all strings are in UTF-8 encoding.
> Therefore libglade2 should contain call to
> bind_textdomain_codeset(domain, "UTF-8"). But it does not. And, of

Is this the same as defining "UTF-8" for the locale class LC_CHARSET?

What version of Python is this? 2.3 changed the way Python's locale
module notified the C library (basically, it calls them; 2.2 and earlier
did not).

Take care,