Jan Weil schrieb:

If I create a subclass of gobject.GObject in Python, can I somehow install my own set of properties?

Sorry for constantly decreasing the SNR of this list. The source is with me and I eventually found the example for gobject properties. I'm even learning how to search a mailing list archive. :)

I think meanwhile I understand the meaning of the __gproperties__
dictionary.

But could someone please enlighten me, why am I supposed to implement
'do_set_property' and 'do_get_property'?

Why do these methods get called if I call o.set_property/o.get_property?

I feel it's got something to do with initializing the GType class, right?

I didn't find anything neither in the FAQ nor in the docs (including pydoc).

I am currently collecting the questions which arose for me (as a newbie to the GType system) and I would suggest to add James' example including some comments to the FAQ.

BW,

Jan