On 2003.09.16 13:31, Don Allingham wrote:
I'm look for a way to determine the default application for a mime
type. In pygtk-0.6, I was able to use gnome.mime.get_value(), but
this is not available in 2.0.

The C function gnome_vfs_mime_get_default_application() seems to do
what I want. Is there a wrapper for this function or some other way
of doing the equivalent?

I agree that gnome_vfs_mime_get_default_application() is a useful function and it's a pity to not have it in gnome-python. I wonder if this should be submitted as a bug with the severity of "enhancement".

Alex

--
Alexander Roitman   http://ebner.neuroscience.umn.edu/people/alex.html
Dept. of Neuroscience, Lions Research Building