On Thu, 30 Oct 2003 19:13:48 +0000, Gustavo J. A. M. Carneiro wrote
> A Qui, 2003-10-30 às 18:30, Fernando San Martin W. escreveu:
> > hello:
> >
> > i'm runnig this code:
> >
> >         m = unicode(mensaje, 'latin-1')
> >
> >     dialog = gtk.MessageDialog(window, gtk.DIALOG_MODAL |
> > gtk.DIALOG_DESTROY_WITH_PARENT,gtk.MESSAGE_INFO, gtk.BUTTONS_OK,
> > m.encode('utf-8'))
> >
> >     dialog.run()
> >     dialog.destroy()
>
>   I tried running this code, except that I replaced 'window' for
> None, since I don't have a parent window to test with.  It ran
> without any problems.  Could be a problem with your pygtk
> installation, perhaps...

i tested in some diferents machines and i have the same problem, this code is
executed by key_press_event on an gtk.entry to advice if something is wrong
with the data entered in the entry

the call is like this

def on_txtFolioComprobante_key_press_event(self, entry, event):
                if event.keyval == gtk.keysyms.F1:
                      self.aviso(self.padre.ctb_frm_main,sys.exc_info()[1])
                      return

def aviso(self, window, mensaje):
        """una simple caja para avisar cosillas"""

        m = unicode(mensaje, 'latin-1')

        dialog = gtk.MessageDialog(window, gtk.DIALOG_MODAL |
gtk.DIALOG_DESTROY_WITH_PARENT,gtk.MESSAGE_INFO, gtk.BUTTONS_OK,
m.encode('utf-8'))

        dialog.run()
        dialog.destroy()

Fernando San Martín Woerner                counter.li.org
Jefe Departamento Informática              #216550
Galilea S.A.                               Talca
2 Norte 965 - Fono/Fax: 56-71-224876       Chile

"Soy dueño de las palabras que guardo, y prisionero de las que digo."