On Tue, Dec 02, 2003 at 07:50:43PM +0000, Jean-Baptiste Cazier wrote:
> After further investigation and tests it turns out that the costing
> event is the connection to expose_event of the DrawingArea, not the
> mouse_motion, nor the resizing of the window.
>  self.area.connect("expose-event", self.area_expose_cb)

IIRC, this was discussed on the mailing list a month or two ago.. here:

I'm now wondering if your expose event callback is very expensive, and
if you can check the arguments for something that could help you avoid
the process when the window is minimized or not displayed.

Take care,
--
Christian Robottom Reis | http://async.com.br/~kiko/ | [+55 16] 261 2331